Firstly I’d just like to say a delayed Happy New Year!! Hope this year brings more joys, memories and of course lots of food!
I’d like to apologies for my lack of posts over the last couple of weeks. I had high intentions of posting more during the festive period but I just don’t know where the time went. Its not even half way through the first month of 2017 and I’m swamped with back to back assignments (third year is not treating me very well), but nevertheless I do have a number of new recipes to share with you very soon.
For some reason winter starts to only really peak in January in London, with likelihood of snowstorms very soon I thought why not indulge in this yummy pie. Served either hot or cold with cream or custard pecan pie is an American staple dessert. This recipe can be made into about 12-15 mini pies or one 20cm pie.
Mini Pecan Pies
225g Just Roll shortcrust pastry (you can buy frozen shortcrust pastry from your local supermarket or make your own base, be careful as some might have alcohol in it)
75g golden syrup
25g maple syrup
75g brown sugar
1 tsp vanilla essence
1. Roll out pastry, cut and place in fluted flan tin. Bake for 20mins.
2. Using baking beans(you can find these at Tesco)line pastry cases with baking paper and fill with baking beans,Bake for 5 mins more.
3. Put both golden and maple syrup, butter, and sugar in a pan and melt over low heat until smooth. Roughly 5 mins.
4. Separately mix egg and vanilla essence. Pour the golden syrup gradually into egg mixture and beat until smooth.
5. Place pecans onto the base of pastry case and pour over the syrup mixture.
6. Bake in oven for 13mins. Serve either hot or cold with ice cream or whipped cream.