My salads have always been rather dull; I always end up making greek salad with lettuce, cucumbers, tomatoes and feta (it gets super boring after a while!). So after searching for some new inspirations/ recipes for salads, I came across a few Butternut salads which sounded very interesting and thought why not share my own version with you. Butternut in salads is perfect for winter and serves as a warm side for salads. This butternut said with feta and avocado works well with roasts such as my Adega Inspired Chicken recipe in the next post.
Butternut, Avocado and Feta Salad
1 butternut cubed
1 red onion-finely sliced
1/2 cup sweet chilli sauce
2 tsp brown sugar
1 tsp crushed red chillies
1 tblsp brown vinegar
- Cube butternut, mix with salt and olive oil and grill in the oven till soft but firm, roughly 30-40 mins (turn over after 15-20mins).
- In the mean time cube avocado, feta and slice onion and coriander thinly.
- Once butternut is cooled slightly mix with the other ingredients
- Then mix sweet chilli sauce, brown sugar, red chillies and vinegar together and pour over salad
- Lastly in a pan heat olive oil, sesame seeds, chopped pecan nuts and almonds and cook till slightly brown before pouring over salad.