“Crispy garlic and butter hasselback potatoes topped with sour cream and freshly chopped chives”
Struggling for sides to serve with your dish? Hasselback potatoes are a great option along side chicken, steak and lamb roasts. The crisp edging gives a nice change to the standard baked potatoes and works perfect when topped with sour cream and chives.
1/4 cup garlic oil
Knob of butter
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
Handful of chives chopped
1. Cut potatoes thinly about 3/4 into the potato starting from one end to the other making sure you leave roughly 1cm gap from the bottom. You can use the wooden spoon method of this is easier.
2. Place potatoes in tray and drizzle and rub potato in garlic oil.
3. Bake in oven for 20 mins at 200C. In the mean time prepare salt, pepper, butter and chives mixture and melt slightly.
4. After the 20mins brush the potatoes with the mixture and put in for 15 mins. Then repeat again and put in further for 10 mins. Potatoes should be crisp on the top as you take them out of the oven.
5. Once done top with sour cream and chives and enjoy!