We were having a lazy day thanks to the dull weather in London (so much for summer 😒) and whilst watching a movie I decided to take a spin on the traditional sweet popcorn and make rainbow popcorn to help bright up everyone’s mood with the endless grey clouds outside. It’s super easy to make but just takes a little time to dry (it’ll make sense what I’m talking about later) and is sooo worth it later! Find the recipe down below
1 cup popcorn seeds
3-4 tblsp oil
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup water
Food colouring (4types)
1. In a pot heat the oil and popcorn seeds and cover with a lid. Shake the pan occasionally to avoid burningof the popcorn. Leave pan closed until you hear no popping for 30 seconds
2. Separately heat up water and sugar to make a syrup.
3. Take four small bowls and add a couple drops of your chosen amount of food colouring. Pour the syrup in the bowls and stir to dissolve colour.
4. Separately the popped popcorn into 4 bowls and pour each coloured syrup into the bowls. Mix and toss each colour then transfer to a plate to allow the colours to air dry. If you’re in a hurry you can place on a baking sheet and heat in the oven at 180 for 10-15 mins to allow to dry that way.
5. In a large bowl add all the colours and toss to incorporate each colour. Then serve and enjoy! 🎀