WARNING: Chocolate heaven below 👇🏻
If you know me for a while you’d have established that I love chocolates! (Chocoholic right here) if a box of Ferreros finishes in the house my household know who to look at 😐
I’m constantly trying to cut down on chocolate and sugar as a whole as my dentist constantly taunts me about still wanting to have teeth 😬 But given my love for chocolate things it comes as no surprise what my next recipe will be. Chocolate Molten Lava Cakes just shouts chocoholic right here! oozing with rich creamy chocolate pouring out of the warm cake. This is super easy to make and is perfect for anyone wanting a sugar rush. Took me roughly 20-25 mins including baking time to whip up these little goodies last Friday night.
I found this recipe online from @thepioneerwoman and have modified it slightly
Chocolate Molten Lava Cakes (makes 4)
4 Foil cups/cases
60g dark chocolate
60g milk chocolate
160g icing sugar
3 egg yolks
1 teaspoon vanilla
65g plain flour
1. Preheat the oven to 220 degrees fan assisted ovens is better.
2. Butter and flour the foil cases
3. Melt the butter, bittersweet chocolate and semisweet chocolate in a large bowl over a double boiler on high or in the microwave until the butter is melted, about 1 minute.
4. Keep mixing until the chocolate is also melted. Remove from boiler if using one and stir in the sugar until well blended.
5. Whisk in the eggs and egg yolks (do one at a time and fast overtime the egg will cook in the mixture especially if the chocolate is hot, then add the vanilla. Stir in the flour.
6. Divide the mixture among the foil cases.
7. Bake until the sides are firm and the centers are soft, about 8-10 minutes. Baking at the right temperature will ensure the insides are still runny. Let stand 2-3 mins.
8. Invert on individual plates whilst warm and serve with vanilla ice cream and strawberries